It is located above the Church of Agioi Anargyroi. Construction began in 1809 during the French occupation and was completed in 1821 during the...
Construction began around 1825 and was completed around 1846. It is the largest in the area and the second in capacity on the island - 600 square...
The name derives from the Italian "male" (bad) and the Greek suffix "-thonas", indicating a bad place, a notorious passage.